HOW TO RE-SHAPE YOUR PILLOW
Your pillow may have been vacuum packed to allow easier shipping to you. Please follow the instructions below to re-shape your pillow
- Re-shaping Larger Pillows
Due to their sizes, the easiest way to fluff larger pillows such as Sanggol Maternity Pillow, Body Pillow, Boomerang Pillow, J Pillow is in the sun.
- For larger pillows, fluffing by hand by patting and molding may not always work. You may need to put your pillow out in the sun by hanging on your clothes line outside. Whilst this is quite easy in summer months, sadly, for colder months you will need to find a window of a couple of hours of sun.
- The sun absorbs moisture within the pillow and helps the pillow to bounce back to its original shape.
- About three to four hours should be enough time to make sure the sun absorbs the moisture within the pillow.
- Re-shaping Smaller Pillows
Re-shaping by Hand – Pushing in
- To reshape ow by hand, grab two ends of the pillow and push both ends in and out at the same time as fast as you can
- This will allow air to circulate into the fibres making it look nice and fluffy.
- Reshape and place on the bed as you wish.
- Please do not fluff if you are allergic to feathers or down. Feather and down is a reasonably common allergy, especially in people with asthma or other lung conditions.
Re-shaping by Hand - Hitting.
- You can also fluff pillows by hitting the sides at the same time with your fists. Feather pillows only need light hitting whilst you may need to hit harder for other materials
- Even out the pillow by patting it hard whilst it is on the bed or whacking it on the
Re-shaping Using a Dryer or drying outside
You can re-shape your smaller pillow using your drier.
You will need a tennis ball or similar, to run this method of fluffing.
- Put the tennis ball in a sock and tie the sock with the ball in it.
- Place the sock and the pillow in
- Run the dryer on low for a few minutes say 20 minutes
- You may also dry by leaving outside in the sun for three to four hours
To maintain their shape, you should hand-fluff pillows regularly.
Washing your pillowcases regularly is a good idea so dirt is not absorbed into your pillow.
Changing your pillows every three to four years is also a great idea as you can avoid 'limping' that occurs when pillows have been used for too long.